The first seeds of Weston Digital Imaging


Uncovered my old negative album the other day and it was interesting to revisit those very first pictures I took.  This is one of my first, taken way back in 1982 at the tender age of 16, of kids playing around the pond on Hartshill Bank in Stoke.  Taken with my first camera, an Olympus OM1n with a 50mm lens.  I even processed the film myself in the shed in my parents garden!  Funny to see the subject matter I was looking at then and how 29 years later I'm scanning the negative through on a high resolution digital scanner, sitting at my computer with not a whiff of fixer to be had.  One thing’s for sure, in all these years I'm still as passionate about photography as I was then, it’s just that I don't use it as a means of chatting up girls anymore!

Comments

  1. Looks like you could hold a camera steady in those days; like the clarity & impressed with the processing in the shed!
    Cheers Steve

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment